Senior Network engineer 100%
For the enhancement of our local operations team in Geneva or Pully we are currently looking for a
Senior Network Engineer
Are you interested in new Technologies? Have you had already experiences as a Network engineer in an ISP environment? Do you want to join a talented and dynamic team? Then we are the right place for you!
Ihre AufgabenMain responsibilities:
- establish the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation and defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- design and implement new solutions and improve resilience of the current environment
- maximise network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimisation
- undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments using information from multiple sources
- secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
- support and administer internal and customers firewall environments in line with IT security policy
- report network operational status by gathering and prioritising information and managing projects
- upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases
- configure routing and switching equipment, hosted IP voice services and firewalls
- provide remote support to on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation
- provide remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation
- undertake capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centres
- liaise with project management teams and service desk engineers on a regular basis
- speak to customers via email and phone for 3rd level support and initial requirement capture for prospect or new installations.
- support projects pre-sales team on customer solutions design.
- off-hour on duty activity
Ihre KompetenzenExpected profile:
- Work with internal and external customers in collaboration with the customer project management office.
- Experience with operations of internal network infrastructure from a service provider perspective
- Very good knowledge of service provider and enterprise related technologies: xDSL, WAN/LAN/Datacenter routing and switching protocols, MPLS-VPN, Firewalls
- Good skills in networking and associated aspects (routing, firewall, VPN, SDN)
- At least 4+ years experience with Cisco products (Cisco CCNA a plus)
- Experience with Internet related technologies (MPLS, BGP, OSPF, QoS)
- Experience with WAN/LAN protocols (Routing, Ethernet/Switching, VLAN, SDN)
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Rigorous, methodical, ability for reporting, customer oriented approach
- General documentation skills and exceptional organisation skills
- Open minded, capable of proposing innovative solutions
An interesting and challenging position within a young team in a dynamic division. Beside the 40-hours week we offer you further attractive and modern terms and conditions of employment.
Geneva or Pully |
VTX Services SA in Pully is a successful swiss telecom and internet provider. Our Gigabit IP-Backbone with multiple redundant connections as well as our data centres in Lausanne, Basel, Zurich and Geneva allows us to offer challenging, flexible and attractive solutions and services to our customers. Our product-portfolio is composed of Internet-Access, IP-VPN, Managed Security, Cloud Hosting, Housing, VoIP, Managed Backup services and more.
Are YOU the ideal candidate for this position?
In this case please email your application to : email@example.com
with your salary expectations.